SPECIALLY DESIGNED FOR L&D PROFESSIONAL
The world of digital learning can seem complex and confusing. It brings with it a new language and an expanding range of learning tools. It requires L&D professionals to adopt new mindsets and new skill sets.
Many L&D practitioners might not know where to start when it comes to designing learning in the digital world. Some feel disempowered by their lack of knowledge.
The Implementing Digital Learning in the Workplace workshop has been designed to give L&D professionals a quick head-start to become more confident and effective in this world of digital learning.
In this very practical workshop, participants will learn concepts, planning and implementation frameworks, tools and technologies. They will be given the opportunity to create a prototype, and apply what they have learned in the workshop.
Our mission! Each participant walks away with a hands-on AR project to showcase back in the workplace!
In this practical one-day training course, you will learn how to transform YOUR materials into AR-enabled communications.You will learn how to:
• Conceptualize a Reimagined learning or communication experience
• Create simple and engaging “digital assets”
• Prototype your first AR-powered learning or communication tool
• Incorporate design improvements through feedback.
WHO IS IT DESIGNED FOR?
This two-day workshop is designed for corporate HR and L&D professionals who want to become more effective in the world of digital learning.
UNDERSTANDING THE CHANGING WORLD OF L&D
Introducing the new world of learning, the key drivers of change, the impact on L&D and how L&D needs to respond.
• Key findings from the Elementrix Digital Learning in Asia 2018 report
• Drivers of change - at organisational, learner and technology levels
• The new learning environment in a digital world
• The “new democracy” of learning
• Impact on L&D structure and competency set
• Importance of learning experience design
PLANNING AND DEPLOYING IN A DIGITAL WORLD: A FRAMEWORK
Most HR and learning and development professionals don’t have a structured framework to plan and implement digital learning journeys. This creates inefficiencies in planning, and wastages in both time and resources. This session gives you a structured framework for success at three levels – Design of Learning Strategy, Learning Journeys and Learning Experience.
• High level understanding of a structured planning & deployment framework - the 5Ps:
• Application of the 5Ps at three key levels – design of:
• Learning strategy
• Learning journeys
• Learning experiences
PUTTING THE 5PS FRAMEWORK INTO ACTION
Practical activities with guidelines, instructions & worksheets:
• Hands-on session applying the 5Ps framework to your organisation
• Participants will apply human-centred design – how to engage learners, how to design experiences and create a prototype
• This will followed by sessions where participants will explore digital learning tools and thereafter digitise their prototypes
EXPLORE DIGITAL LEARNING TOOLS – HOW THEY ENHANCE THE APPLICATION OF LEARNING
This session de-mystifies the world of digital learning. It increases confidence by helping you understand key digital learning building blocks.
• How digital technology can harness the science of learning
• Various options available to navigate and track the journey, assess impact, create the learning resources and host the resources:
• Social learning
• Adaptive learning/personalisation
• Assessments and analytics
• Mobile learning platforms
• Next-generation learning experience platforms
DESIGN, DEVELOP, EXPERIMENT, PLAY
It is one thing to learn about the principles and practices, and it is another to have hands-on experiences. This session does just that. Participants will:
• Learn how to digitise their paper-based prototypes
• Learn to enhance these prototypes in a digital format
• Discover how to use digital tools
• Leave the session with a “live” prototype – something to show back to your companies
VALUE THE POWER OF FEEDBACK IN A DESIGN THINKING FRAMEWORK
Experimentation and prototyping is an iterative process using regular user feedback loops to continually improve your solution design:
• Teams swap, and get feedback
• Fine-tune based on the feedback
• Share insights
REVIEW AND NEXT STEP
• Sharing ideas to move forward
• Plan the transition to application in the workplace
• Review of the key learning resources
Lori is a global digital learning strategist. Her customdesigned solutions have a strategic impact, enhancing people and organizational performance. Clients include Standard Chartered, DBS, Castrol, Nando’s, Dell and HP.
Lori evolved the Syzygy® Methodology in her work with leading organizations to design, develop, deploy and assess their learning strategy, journeys, experiences and resources. Syzygy® is based on developmental psychology, behavioral & organizational change, systems thinking and human centered design. She has won awards for innovation in learning for solutions designed with Teams with whom she has collaborated.
She leverages the latest technology as an enabler of learning and ongoing performance improvement. She supports organizations to digitize while still humanizing the learning experiences.
She provides the framework, tools and knowledge transfer for organizations to put in place enablers aligning people, purpose & performance. The focus is empowering the leadership, learners and content specialists to be self-sufficient in creating scalable and sustainable performance solutions.
Digital Learning Futurist
Lewis heads the Elementrix team in Malaysia. He has had more
than 15 years of experience in the learning and development
industry. His key area of focus is the use of technology in
learning transfer and instructional design. He is an experienced
researcher, keeping up with the latest developments in
technology and learning.
Lewis was the key driver who brought Augmented Reality to the range of services offered by Elementrix. He played a major role in the development of the TMI-TACK Making Learning Stick Model. This involved conducting comprehensive research on best practice and leading a process that brought international consultants together to develop the model. He continues to conduct extensive research and development in effective learning transfer in the workplace.
In 2018, Lewis was awarded the TACK TMI Consultant of the Year in Rome, a prestigious accolade in the global TACK TMI network. In the same year, TACK TMI Malaysia won the global Initiative of the Year award for a project that brought enhanced learning with Augmented Reality.
George is the Chief Reimagineer of Elementrix, and Group
CEO of global learning and development consultancy, TACK
TMI Malaysia. He is a mentor to senior leaders. He is an
organisational leader. He is a writer. He is a consultant.
George opened the TACK TMI office in Kuala Lumpur in
February 2005. TAC, which focuses on sales, leadership and
personal development solutions, and TMI, a transformation
consultancy focusing on the customer experience, have offices in 50
countries around the world.
George founded Elementrix, a digital learning and innovation company in 2017. This was
based on a vision that the L&D industry will undergo enormous change in the next few years.
George has been on his own digital learning journey, going from “this is confusing” to “this is
interesting” to “this is exciting – it adds enormous value”.
Under George’s leadership, Elementrix was awarded the HR Magazine e-Learning Provider of
the Year Gold Award in 2017. In 2018, TACK TMI Malaysia won the Innovation of the Year Award
among the global network of 50 countries. This was for the design and implementation of
a learning project that eliminated participant manuals and replaced them with Augmented
Reality learning content.
George is a thought leader. He led a major research project in Malaysia and Singapore,
culminating in the 2018 Elementrix Digital Learning in Asia 2018 report. He has written
prolifically over the years in the areas of the customer experience, leadership and, most
recently, digital learning.
George was given the highest honour in the TMI international network, being awarded the
TMI Friendship Award for contributions to the TMI global consulting network in 2011, in 2016
and again in 2017. He is the only person in the TMI global network to be given this prestigious
award more than one time.
Want to know more about digital learning for your organisation?
Interested to push the digital revolution agenda and don't know where to start?
Talk to us and we can help you make your move.